Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Where has the time gone?




Friends told us that the first weeks after Jacob was born would fly by, and I believe it now! Jacob is 6 weeks old today and so much has happened in the last 6 weeks and our lives are forever changed. I never thought that after waking up throughout the night, changing diapers as my job and being the "milk lady" as Reece calls it would still allow me to enjoy my son so much....despite all the hard things about these past few weeks, the sweet moments have overshadowed them all! We look at Jacob multiple times each day and well over with happiness...he is so cute and sweet! There have been a few hard things that we're glad to be past now--Jacob had a hard time putting weight on in the first weeks and didn't regain his birth weight until his 4th week of life. He also had to have minor surgery on his mouth because he was "tongue tied" and that was keeping him from eating what he needed. It was a really easy procedure that happened when he was 9 days old and we're so glad we did it! OK, now for what everyone wants to see... I want to share a few of my favorite pictures from recently:
Jacob's first REAL bath!

Jacob just hanging out in his bouncy seat :)

So excited to be 1-month old!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Joshua was tongue tied when he was born and had to have the same thing done. I think it was more traumatic for me than for him!

Jacob is so cute! We can't wait to meet your little man!