Tuesday, May 27, 2008

My forgetful life in the kitchen


I'm a big fan of buying seasoning packets. Lately it seems that lots of my favorite things to make have required be buying these handy little helpers...chili, enchiladas, guacamole...you name it, they probably have a packet out there to help you make it. Well, lately I've been pretty forgetful--I get everything out to make my meal, and realize that I forgot that little packet! I've been very impressed with myself lately though, because I've decided to actually learn to figure out how to make my meals without them. I wanted to share a recipe I just tried and really liked. So save $1 and a trip to the grocery store, and try it!

TACO SEASONING
  • 1 tablespoon chili powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/2 teaspoon paprika
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1 teaspoon black pepper
Enjoy!

1 comment:

Jen said...

so i think that's the apron i got you? if not i feel a little silly...if so, yay! glad to see you're enjoying it :)